Tuesday, May 12, 2009

No Necon for me this year...

Since making the decision not to attend this year, I have been dreaming about it on a regular basis. No Convention has infected me like Necon has.

Postmortem Productions pays for itself. 2008 was NOT a good year for us business-wise, Partly due to the economic woes felt by everyone, partly due to the time constraints of my FTJ. Regardless of the "why's," usually I count myself lucky to break even financially at Necon. When I come close to taking in what it cost me to be there, I'm ecstatic. Last year wasn't it, and other venues didn't make up any of the difference either. This isn't "financial woes," we're still solid, but there isn't the money in the Postmortem Budget to cover good times for their own sake this year.

One good aspect of this is next year, Dark Lords willing, I'll be there, ....with a ton of new stuff.

No comments: