Monday, August 17, 2009

"It's a Morbid Life" pt. 1

It dawned on me recently that so many strange things take place in my life, that I hardly notice them anymore. I don't even realize how strange they are until I tell them to people and they give me "That look," that always inspires me to question if I should be telling this stuff to anyone.

Therefore I'll chronicle them here....

The Selling of the Pants:

Winter, 2004, the middle of a snowstorm.

Some dear friends (who know I'm a little "off") gave me a gift of a pair of or pants. They were "lounging pants," (which I suspect is a scam to sell the pants from a pair of pajamas). They were dark blue, with glow-in-the-dark panets and moons on them. Pretty snazzy, and I'm sure never intended for wear outside the house. So I was wearing them in the middle of a snowstorm to go and pick up pizza.

As I croosed the parking lot to go into Lumpy's Pizza in North Berwick (no longer there, but you ever get a time machine, I strongly suggest giving them a try). As I entered the fine eating establishment, an older gentlemen (who I'd never seen before) commented that he liked my pants. I thanked him and went to continue my transaction. Then he asks: "How much?"

I told him I did not know, they were a gift. He said, "No, how much do you want for them?" and took out a roll of bills...

I saw the cash and said "$50". He handed me a $50 bill, and I took the pants off and handed them to him. Right there inside Lumpy's Pizza.

It was a cold ride home, I'm glad my coat was fairly long.

No comments: